• Sign in
  • ARTICLES

    What to do when your child...

    What to do when your child goes missing

    Anja van den Berg A child goes missing every five hours in South Africa, according to figures released in 2013 by the South African Police Service: Missing Persons. Fortunately, according to Missing Children South Africa, 77% of these children are found. “Sadly, this still leaves us with at least 23%  … Read more

    Less and less intimacy

    Less and less intimacy

    Karen van der Berg If there is one complaint that marriage counsellors hear more and more these days, it must be, “My partner and I do not have sex often enough.” And those who complain, are mostly men. So says Raymond Fourie, a marriage counsellor in Bellville. The important questions  … Read more

    Home schooling in practice

    Home schooling in practice

    Ronéll van Rooyen Each family embarks on its own home schooling journey. Each has its own stories about rough seas or calm water. Each mother has her own story to tell and I’m going to tell mine, but at the same time I’m going to try and give other mummies  … Read more

    The effect of too much screen...

    The effect of too much screen time on children

    Marli Naidoo We live in an era where technology makes out a large portion of our daily communication.  For various reasons we allow our children to use television, computers, cellphones, etc. – to keep them busy, or to teach them about technology. We also use these screens for educational purposes:  … Read more

    Is your kid sick or just...

    Is your kid sick or just faking it?

    Kelli Miller From a runny nose to belly woes, it can sometimes be tough to tell if your kid is truly stay-at-home sick or feigning illness to get a free pass from class. Do you need to call the doctor or could your child be pulling a “Bueller” on you  … Read more

    YOUR FAMILY
    LOVE IS CULTIVATED IN HEALTHY FAMILIES. HEALHTY FAMILIES ENSURE A HEALTY SOCIETY.
    PARENTHOOD
    MARRIAGE
    PETS
    SAFETY
    HOLIDAYS
    YOUR HOME AND GARDEN
    Top

    Registreer / Register

    Maak toe / Close