Tuesday, August 23rd, 2016
Karen van der Berg
This is the era of iPads, facebook, Twitter and multimedia. Use them, because this technology offers useful and practical ideas, games and assistance that can be very handy for parents and teachers of preschool children.
Here is as list of ten Afrikaans educational apps for preschool children:
- Afrikaans 123, Afrikaans ABC and Afrikaans Vorms en Kleure: These fun apps teach your little one the wonder world of numbers, letters and sounds and also introduce entertaining ways to learn the basic forms and colours. Jigsaw puzzles and memory games are used throughout.
- Klerekas: For teaching children the names, pronunciation and purpose of the different parts of the body and garments, this app is tops. It includes fantastic dressing games that will amuse children for hours.
- Pienkvoetpret. This app contains lots of cute ideas for holiday fun. It also offers information about children’s developmental goals and includes age-adapted games.
- My Pretplaas: This app is aimed at children under the age of seven. Your child can learn while having fun with games, read-together stories and singalong songs – all unique in Afrikaans and with the help of an occupational therapist as well as prominent figures in music and children’s theatre.
- Leer om tyd te lees: This unique app was developed to teach your child how watches work and to learn to read watches. Time is a difficult concept for small children and that is why this app is a good idea.
- Vrugte en groente: This one is perfect for introducing your child to the different kinds of fruit and vegetables from a young age and will help them to like them.
- Liedjie: This musical stream service contains playlists for every mood and occasion and specifically for mothers to play for the kiddies. Old hits that should be preserved at all costs, such as the Jakkals en Wolf stories by Dana Niehaus and many more, are available.
- Olke Bolke: This app will teach your infant to keep time with six of Elizabeth Fourie’s most enjoyable listening songs. Your child can change instruments as he plays and even shake the phone to produce sound.
- Kleuterpret: The purpose of this educational Afrikaans app developed for three- to five-year-olds is to develop school readiness skills while playing.
- What are pirates scared of? Everybody knows that pirates are not scared of anything. Or are they? This rhyming, hilarious pirate story is an exciting first – it is the first original Afrikaans picture book adapted into an interactive story app.
All the above-mentioned apps can be found in the various sections for app purchases on your smartphone or cpmputer.